Women in PR: Online Reputation Management Program
Learn how to control your online reputation and the key success factors required to develop an effective reputation management strategy.
Learn how to counteract negative publicity for your PR clients.
Have you had to counteract negative publicity for your personal brand, your organization or your PR client online? What did you do? Did it work? If you had the opportunity to do it again, what would you do differently? What if you had a step-by-step plan to guide you to manage your online reputation or your PR client's reputation?
Online reputation management, also called ORM, refers to building, improving, or restoring your brand's name on the Internet. In this program, we will show you how to take control of your reputation online by employing various strategies that are both proactive and reactive (for any damage control needed).
ORM is more than just social media monitoring, but it isn’t a full-on PR campaign. It involves simple tools and techniques that any Women in PR can implement. Whether tackling negative Google search results, removing risky personal information on social media, or eliminating troubling images that shouldn't be online, ORM is essential to any brand’s image.
As Women in PR you need to understand how to manage your client's reputation.When potential customers encounter a brand, the first place they’ll go to find more information about the company and its
products or services is the Internet. What’s more, they’ll believe what they read there and worse, they might spread the word. If someone’s first impression of your business is a bad review or negative comment, they may not investigate further.
In this program, you will...
- Create detailed guidelines for being proactive and avoiding negative online publicity before it occurs;
- Identify the key steps to online reputation management, and how to apply them specifically to your personal brand, organization or PR client's brand;
- Learn how to maintain and control your online reputation and the key success factors required to develop an effective reputation management strategy;
- Develop an online reputation strategy that encompasses your target market, along with a structure for creating relevant content that speaks directly to them;
- Implement tactics for maintaining control over key areas of your online presence, along with recognizing and avoiding common mistakes that may serve as obstacles;
- Identify methods of damage control and minimization of negative comments if they should occur.
- 60 minute video panel discussion from our live event
- 5 program modules with detailed lessons
- Program workbook, checklist and publication calendar to help you manage your online reputation
- Program exercises and examples
- Led by the President & CEO of Women in Public Relations
- Unlimited access
Women in PR exists to help you succeed.
Online reputation management doesn't allow
you to control everything everyone says about you. However, it does give you a great deal of control through monitoring, communicating with the
public, and creating your own positive content to mitigate the negative. In this program, we've done the work for you! Use our step-by-step guide to implement your online reputation management strategy for yourself, your organization or your PR clients.
Get started now!
"Everyone is on their own journey and if there are insights I’ve learned throughout my career so far that can help someone sharpen their vision for the path they want to pursue, or avoid some of the mistakes I’ve made, I’m happy to help."
- Christine Marks , Director, Corporate Communications, Goldcorp Inc.
“As a reporter-turned-communicator, I believe in the power of brand journalism. I see my role as helping organizations fuse story to strategy. I’m thrilled Women in PR North America provides a space where leaders in our industry can share expertise, foster innovation, and tell our own stories.”
- Elaine O'Connor, Senior Communications Consultant, Fraser Health
Your Program Facilitator
Women in Public Relations is an influential network of leading business women striving for excellence in the field of public relations.
We are partnering with businesses across the Americas to promote opportunities for women to learn and to share resources in a supportive community.
We are connecting leaders, developing new industry initiatives and inspiring new graduates through our event programs. We promote a collaborative learning environment through our portfolio building online programs led by industry experts.
We are the only organization across the Americas dedicated to advancing women in the field of public relations.