Navigating A Woman's Career - Obstacles & Opportunities
90 minute video on demand panel discussion (recording from our live event) on career offroads and onroads.
This is a 90 minute video on demand panel discussion (recording from our live event) on career offroads and onroads – navigating a woman’s career in business. It is based on a Harvard Business Review report entitled “The Hidden Brain Drain: Off-Ramps and On-Ramps in Women’s Careers.”
Our panelists share personal insights on career off-ramps and how these off-ramps have impacted their careers. They share strategies to on-ramp after taking time off to raise children, care for elderly parents, or to manage other life experiences.
The course lessons include audio discussions from our panelists on negotiating tips, confidence advice, mentorship, career inspiration and thoughts on gender diversity in the workplace.
- 90 minute video on demand panel discussion (recording from our live event)
- 9 audio lessons (BONUS discussions from our panelists)
- Led by the President & CEO of Women in PR North America
- Interviews with 5 accomplished women in the field
- Unlimited access
*** If you are a member of Women in PR North America log-in to our PR Academy to watch this discussion free of charge.
- Natalie Langston, TV Host, Producer, Journalist, Emcee & Brand Ambassador; Fitness & Health Reporter, BC Living.
- Ange Frymire Fleming, President, Vocal Point Communications; Professor, Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Charmaine Hammond, Conflict Resolution, Leadership, Resilience and Team Building Expert, Hammond International Inc
- Leeann Froese, Owner, Town Hall Brands
- Robin Cook Bondy, Communications Manager, Nature’s Path Foods
- Shonali Burke, President & CEO, Shonali Burke Consulting, Inc.
You have the talent and the ability to achieve what you never thought possible – whatever level you’re at in your journey. Choose to enroll yourself in new opportunities. Choose to invest in your education and professional development. Take our online courses taught by PR industry experts.
Our organization is contributing to North America's image as a leader in the public relations industry. We aim to be an important source of information for women in the field, a key player in the rapidly changing industry, and a global champion of women business leaders.
Thank you for visiting our courses page and we invite you to consider joining us a member across North America.
*** If you are a member of Women in PR North America log-in to our PR Academy to watch this discussion free of charge. Contact us directly for complimentary access on this platform.
"A big win for me is when one of my team members or someone I have supervised in the past has gone on to be successful, has landed client coverage and then they tell me it's because of something they learned from me. That's truly one of the most rewarding parts of what I do."
- Leeann Froese, Co-Owner, Town Hall Brands
"As a woman working in a female dominated industry, it’s important to stand out from the crowd and offer an edge that will allow you to rise above. Know your worth and prove yourself in your organization. There will always be challenges, but hard work, determination and passion will trump anything."
- Sarah Kagan, Revlon Professional
Get started now!
Your Program Facilitator
Women in Public Relations is an influential network of leading business women striving for excellence in the field of public relations.
We are partnering with businesses across the Americas to promote opportunities for women to learn and to share resources in a supportive community.
We are connecting leaders, developing new industry initiatives and inspiring new graduates through our event programs. We promote a collaborative learning environment through our portfolio building online programs led by industry experts.
We are the only organization across the Americas dedicated to advancing women in the field of public relations.